March 08, 2023
TriHealth is celebrating Certified Nurses Day on March 19 by honoring 1,100 board-certified nurses for their professionalism, leadership and commitment to excellence in patient care. Since 2013, TriHealth has continued to increase the percentage of direct care and other clinical nurses that are specialty certified to greater than 43 percent!
“Certification allows nurses to expand their knowledge and validate their expertise,” says Jenny Skinner, MSN, RN, NEA-BC, Senior Vice President & Chief Nursing Executive. “I obtained a new certification, NEA-BC, in 2020. Obtaining my Nurse Executive Advanced board certification made me more confident in planning our nursing strategy, high-level finance, resource management and system integration. I encourage all nurses to seek certification throughout their nursing career, as both nurses and patients benefit from certification.”
Board certification of nurses plays an increasingly important role in the assurance of high standards of care for patients and families. Nursing, like healthcare in general, has become increasingly complex. A registered nurse (RN) license provides entry to general nursing practice and the knowledge-intensive requirements of modern nursing require extensive education as well as a strong personal commitment to excellence by the nurse.
TriHealth encourages national board certification for all its nurses and covers the cost up to $400 a year for certification examination and certification renewal for those nurses who meet the TriHealth Certification Eligibility Guidelines. In addition, nurses can participate in review courses supported in part by gifts made to the Good Samaritan and Bethesda Foundations. More information about specialty certifications can be found by clicking here.
Please join TriHealth and the nation’s national nursing certification organizations in honoring those hardworking, dedicated, certified nurses for their professionalism and a job well done!
Congratulations to the following team members who received a $20 Amazon gift card in honor of Certified Nurses Day! All winners were contacted individually.
- Vicki Ballard, HOC West Inpatient Unit
- Laurayne Bambrick, TRIS Patient Safety
- Paige Bauman, GSH 07 AB MS ICU
- Lana Caney, Bethesda Surgery Center
- Patricia Dininger-Sommer, BTLR Pre-Surgical SVCS
- Melissa Gayle, MHMH Care Management
- Kelley Gibson, GSH Infusion Center
- Lorraine Grimm, PAVI Cardiac Rehab
- Allison Herberth, AWSP Emergency Unit
- Megan Jarrells, ECN Endoscopy
- Amy Lane, OVGS Nursing Education
- Natalie Postell, NRTH 5T200 Med/Surg
- Krystal Ross, NRTH 4T100 Intermed
- Kathleen Smith, Anderson Surgery Center
- Sandra Tumlin, GSHW ASC
- Abby Ventre, GSWR Emergency Unit