14 September, 2020
Hi Team –
Happy Healthcare Heroes Week!! I am thrilled to kickoff this week of celebrations in recognition of YOU – our more than 12,000 Healthcare Heroes – and to say thank you for all you have done to support TriHealth’s journey from good to great to get healthcare right! Thanks to you, we have made incredible progress over the past five years to fulfill our mission to bring outstanding and affordable care and improved health to everyone we serve…always! Because of our team members and physicians, TriHealth is now regularly recognized, both regionally and nationally, as a world-class healthcare system and industry model based on quality, safety, service, team culture, and delivery system innovation! What’s most remarkable though is that we’ve been able to accomplish all of this during a time of unprecedented transformation within the healthcare industry – and this was BEFORE COVID arrived!! Once it did, you gave new meaning to the term “extraordinary”– answering the call to action like true heroes and champions as we adapted and innovated, often without a “playbook,” as One Great Health System, every day and every step of the way in response to this once in a century pandemic! And because of this, today we stand stronger than ever – ready to keep our community, our system, and each other safe, healthy and well cared for throughout this new COVID reality and far beyond! On behalf of our Board and Leadership Team, I cannot thank you enough for your exceptional, selfless service and unlimited capacity to CARE!! We are so excited to celebrate you this week, and I hope you enjoy the many special expressions of our gratitude and admiration – all delivered safely in this new COVID-19 environment. They include:
- Healthcare Heroes T-shirt – We want the world to know how special you are, so we’re giving every team member and physician this really cool t-shirt to wear with pride! Click here to place your order today!
- LaRosa’s Pizza Dinner – Because for the time being we can’t “socially gather” to celebrate, we want you to enjoy a celebratory meal with your loved ones safely at home, on us – as a special thank you to both you and your family for supporting you in your service to TriHealth and those we serve!!! Look for an email from LaRosa’s later today (Monday) with your unique voucher code and order instructions. If for some reason you do not receive your pizza voucher, please call Cathy Shondel, LaRosa’s Director of Community Support, at 513-266-0611 or email@example.com.
- Healthcare Hero Awards – You’ve seen, first hand, our heroic team members and physicians in action during these difficult, but rewarding times, so we want YOU to let us know who’s most deserving of a Healthcare Hero Award! Click here to nominate a TriHealth colleague anytime through Friday, Sept. 18. Heroes will be selected from submissions and featured on Bridge, and ALL nominees will be recognized!
Join us for the September Team Member/Physician Town Hall on Tuesday, September 15 at 12pm. Don’t miss this month’s Town Hall livestreamed on Facebook and Bridge this Tues., Sept. 15 from 12-1pm. We’ll share the latest COVID updates and our “back-to-business” progress in re-opening and staying open safely, as well as a monthly progress report on our FY2021 Pillar Goals and our work to Get Healthcare Right. We also have some fun Healthcare Heroes Week surprises planned in your honor!
We Want and Need to Hear from You – Take the Pulse Survey Launching This Week! Look for the Press Ganey email this week with your link to this year’s Team Member Engagement Pulse Survey, which opens on Wed., Sept. 16. Please complete the confidential online survey at your earliest convenience so we can hear your latest thoughts about our progress in making TriHealth a great place to work and practice, and receive the best care anywhere! Your responses to the last Pulse Survey prompted many significant improvements, which are highlighted in this “You Said, We Did” summary document—check it out! Your participation in the upcoming Pulse Survey will help ensure we continue to improve in ways most meaningful to you!
COVID-19 Cases Stabilize in Region.
As you can see from our weekly COVID update in the sidebar to the right, we are seeing more encouraging signs that our community’s collective efforts in strictly following COVID prevention measures are making a difference – one more thing to celebrate this week! We are also celebrating another milestone in our COVID journey – TriHealth is once again leading the way in adapting to COVID-19 and putting patients first. To provide the most compassionate family and patient- centered care possible, we are further lifting inpatient visitor restrictions, as follows starting today:
- Inpatient Setting – 2 visitors at a time are now allowed per patient, per day, except when a patient is in isolation, and one visitor is now permitted to stay overnight. Click here to review the entire Inpatient Visitor Policy.
- Outpatient, ED, Procedural Areas, Physician Offices/Practices, and Ambulatory Setting – 1 visitor is allowed per patient, per day. Click here to review the Outpatient Policy. Click here to review the ED Policy.
We are pleased to be able to extend to our patients this extra level of comfort and support from friends and family, which is vital to the healing process. We can do this safely now because of the progress we have made in mitigating spread by hardwiring our COVID-19 Always Safety Behaviors. My heartfelt appreciation goes out to all of our front-line caregivers who have filled this caring role with our patients for so many months when loved ones were unable to visit – just one more shining example of our Healthcare Heroes in Action!
Have a wonderful week and enjoy all of the well-deserved celebrations in your honor! And remember, your TriHealth family isn’t the only one grateful for your remarkable service. We are joined by thousands in our community and throughout the state who are so proud to recognize and celebrate you and your selfless service and compassionate care! THANK YOU!!
Want to Recognize Someone on the Go? There’s an App for That!
TriHealth’s peer-to-peer recognition program, Appreciation Station, is a great way to celebrate and honor each other. Download the app using these instructions and keep this tool at your fingertips when you wish to express gratitude for someone’s actions, to acknowledge a team member’s accomplishment, or to simply say, “You’re awesome!”
TriHealth Women’s Services Launches ‘Baby Line’
TriHealth Women’s Services is pleased to announce the new TriHealth Baby Line. One call to 1 833 TH4 BABY and a new mom will be guided to a provider who will be her healthcare partner on her journey to motherhood. Learn more on Bridge.
New Dedicated Email Inbox for Risk Management
TriHealth Risk Management has created a new email address: firstname.lastname@example.org! The goal of having this email address is to have faster response times and to aid team members in efficiently connecting with the appropriate Risk Management team member.
I would like to recognize Falisha McCann, ED Nurse. She is an excellent nurse with all the patients that arrive in our ED here at TriHealth. She is compationate ;and listens carefully to their every need. She follows through with every detail that needs to be addressed.
Posted by: Connie Messing on 18 September, 2020